Yesterday, I made a post about world building. Today, I'd like to talk a little more about this world I'll be developing for my future OSR gaming. In this post, I want to present some basic assumptions about the world that will hopefully guide my design. I do not want to define any game systems or rules at this point. I'm hoping to use this world for a variety of gaming opportunities for years to come. Heck, I don't even have a name for this place yet. Different campaigns and one-off sessions could take place in different regions and times, and development would progress as necessary to the players interests.
Anyway, on to laying out some of the assumptions:
- Gritty post-apocalypse fantasy
- A single point of light with much surrounding darkness
- Isolationist, self sufficient city-states.
- Deities are aloof and uncaring, if they exist at all
- Demi-humans are rare, but not unheard of, in human civilizations