Saturday, November 20, 2010

Horrific Inspirations...

Daily Blog Challenge post 19. I'm kind of at a standstill here. I'm having a hard time coming up with a topic with which to wax poetic. With that said, I really do want to stick to my plan of 30 posts in 30 days. Seems like quite an accomplishment for such a new blogger. It's not that I don't have anything game related on my mind. Not that case at all, really. The problem is that most of my players are also readers. There are a few ideas that could probably be expanded here, but they would act as spoilers for the guys, and nobody needs that, right?

I'm in the process of reading James Raggi's Death Frost Doom, right now. The adventure takes some of it's inspiration from a classic cult horror film (which I'm trying to keep secret, since I hope to run it for my crew at some point. I have a feeling knowing the inspiration might take a little from the experience). So, since I'm a bit stumped for something to write about right now, I'm just going to make a list of ridiculous horror movies that I'd someday like to rip off for some inspiration for a one-off game setting/scenario:
  1. 2000 Mainiacs
  2. City of the Living Dead
  3. The Beyond
  4. House by the Cemetery
  5. Werewolves on Wheels
  6. Race with he Devil
  7. Versus
  8. Mystics in Bali (actually, I'd run a whole campaign in this universe.)
  9. Demons
  10. Death Bed: The Bed That Eats (or maybe not...)

No comments:

Post a Comment