Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Post-DBloC Update

Well....I'm back. I survived a month full of posting and needed a little down time, but after a little less than a week, I'm back in the swing of things. I was further delayed as I needed to finish up some record reviews for the zine I write for, Short, Fast & Loud.

I was hoping to have a bit more to post about this evening. I was supposed to have my 3.5 Forgotten Realms game with Tim Robes DMing, but one of the players pulled a no-show. It wouldn't have been that big of a deal, but it was supposed to be his last game for a while, as he is studying abroad next semester. The whole evening was supposed to be dedicated to his character. Not sure what happened, but it was a let down for sure. We did get a  few rounds of Zombie Dice in before calling it a night.

I hit the Steel City Toy and Comic Convention this weekend. I have never attended before and wasn't sure what to expect. It was sort of like a combination nerd flea market/convention. A lot of the stuff there was pretty junky, but it was fun walking around checking everything out. That said, I didn't really find much of interest. As far as collectibles go, I don't really care about action figures, most comics, Star Wars/Star Trek stuff, Barbies, trading cards, or other knick-knacks and doo-dads. I was hoping for some old-school gaming supplies and maybe some horror/exploitation film stuff. There were a couple booths selling horror merch including DVDs, VHS, and magazines, but with the holidays quickly approaching, I refrained from buying anything. I did find a few gaming supplies, but not much. One guy had a box of Palladium and Rolemaster stuff, but none of the core books. Another guy have a few 3e books and a few other odds and ends. I did talk to a guy selling a bunch of old TSR board games, including a first edition of Dungeon!, but everything was a bit out of my price range. I picked up a couple sets of Game Science dice, because he was selling them for cheap. I also found the first Buffy Season 8 trade for $5, and I got to see Wrestling Legend Bruno Sammartino and TNA Knockouts Velvet Sky and Angelina Love, plus Lou Ferigno, Richard Kiel, and Priscilla Barnes. I saw some cool Planet of the Apes toys, but I decided that I needed another thing to collect like I needed a hole in my head. There were a bunch of people in (mostly Star Wars) costumes walking around, which was entertaining. Not a bad way to spend a Saturday afternoon for sure. I'll probably be back for the spring show in March.

Lots of gaming in store for the rest of the week. Session 2 of Gamma World is tomorrow. If everything goes as planned, we should hit second level by the end of the game session. Saturday is GASP Games Day, where I'll be playing in a Labyrinth Lord Megadungeon campaign. I'm still only signed up for one RPG. I was hoping to get in on another session, but right now nothing is jumping out at me. Hopefully in 2011, there will be some other games of interest. I might contact the GM for the other Labyrinth Lord game to see if he has seats. I know I have to miss the January Games Day, because I'll be out of town, so I may just hold off until February and see if anything new is offered. Sunday is the return of the Team Evil Ravenloft game. Monday, I might be trying to do the make-up session for the failed 3.5 game from tonight. Tuesday should be another Call of Cthulhu game. Brutality. Very excited.

Anyway, I just wanted to get back in the swing of things and make a post on here. More from me soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment