Saturday, January 9, 2010

2010 Film List

One thing I hope to regularly blog about is movies I've seen this year. I'll provide brief reviews and recommendations, where appropriate.

I was sick on New Years, so I decided to stay in rather than participate in any public debauchery. Since we were watching Freddie Got Fingered when the ball dropped (how appropriate), that's going to be my first film of the year.

1. Freddy Got Fingered
Sometime around 2001, someone at Regency Enterprises and 20th Century Fox decided it would be a good idea to give MTV favorite Tom Green some money for a feature film. Personally, I applaud the decision. Freddy Got Fingered, tells the story of out-of-work cartoonist Gord Brody (Green), and his misadventures when he has to move back in with the family. Honestly, the plot is not the reason you pop this disk into the DVD. Green goes significantly out of his way to offend, confuse, and disturb the viewer. Every gross-out gag is exploited to the fullest (it was originally pegged with an NC-17, and there are a few moments that I'm a bit surprised made it through in the R cut in 2001). One of my favorite comedies of the 00s, I highly recommend it to anyone who handle it's moronic, low-brow humor. Certainly not for the faint of heart or strong of mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment